Saturday, July 16, 2011

50 years of marriage

Back in June we celebrated my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary!  It was quite an enjoyable occasion and was wonderful to celebrate such a large marriage milestone when it seems like people these days cannot stay married for more than a couple of years!  I've always thought highly of marriage and taken its covenant very seriously and I hope and pray that my husband and I will some day be able to celebrate our own 50th wedding anniversary!

My grandparents certainly have had an interesting life and they are two of the most hilarious people I've ever met!  I appreciate the time I've been able to spend with them and the things I've learned from them!  My grandfather has suffered from numerous health problems such as heart attacks, strokes and other major medical issues and he is still kickin'!  He to this day still drives his tractor daily, goes out every morning for coffee with some of his buddies and tends to his chickens!  He quite a spry old man considering then amount of health problems he's had in his lifetime!  My grandmother is a lovely southern belle and is one of the best cooks and gardeners I've ever met!  Her flower gardens shame my poor little outside plants!!!  She is a very kind and generous woman and I adore them both! So here's a late happy anniversary post to my dear grandparents!!! May my husband and I have a long healthy life together as you two have had!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment