Thursday, February 3, 2011

I think I can, I think I can...

I kinda feel like that little engine from that childrens story that says "I think I can, I think I can."  I've really struggled with getting through this week!  I've been unnaturally exhausted!  I am thinking its from that overnight activity that we had on Friday night at church!  So no sleep on Friday from 8pm-8am!  We did get a small amount of sleep on Saturday from 9am-2pm...Then Saturday night we went to this charming little restaurant with friends for Restaurant Week which was phenomenal!  After the dinner we were so tired that we came home and immediately went to bed at like 9pm and of course my internal clock is out of whack and I cannot sleep!  Once I finally fell asleep I kept having dreams...I dreamt about the overnight activity and kids not behaving, I dreamt about work and I dreamt about Fonzie being bad!  I think I woke up every half an hour with some new dream!  It was quite insane!  The same happened on Sunday night with these incessant dreams that were so life like!  (I woke up at one point flailing my arms back and forth because I was trying to pull on Fonzie's dog leash in my sleep)

Now it is not unusual for me to dream because I have had strange and wild dreams since I was a child!  I get nightmares easily and I generally dream about things that are going on in my life at the moment!  So when I was in high school I would dream about sports that I played and learning how to drive when I was getting my license.  In some of these dreams I would act things out and end up diving on my nightstand and onto the floor when "diving for a soccer ball" or hitting the back of my bed when "hitting the volleyball."  When learning how to drive I had this reoccurring nightmare of a dream every night!  I would be driving down the main street in the town I live in and there is this slightly steep hill that I would go down and stop at to get across two lanes of traffic...well in my dream my breaks would never work and I would constantly slam my foot on the break and I would be slamming my foot into the foot-board of my bed!  I would wake up all in a panic...it was not fun!  Since I've been in the counseling field and having to deal with all sorts of insanities I tend to dream about very negative things like being a drug dealer and fighting and lots of other odd things!  Needless to say I dream about some insane things and I talk in my sleep AND when really stressed I grind my teeth!  My poor husband has had to deal with the brunt of some of my dreams and I've actually done some mean things to him at night.  I do recall hitting him in the face on two occasions amongst other things!  Thankfully all these things are ONLY dreams!


"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives."  Charles William Dement

Well off to bed for hopefully a dreamless quiet refreshing nights sleep!!!  Its Friday tomorrow and the weekend is beckoning me!  Night!

1 comment:

  1. I read your post over the weekend but, didn't have time to comment. So, since everyone is snuggly tucked in bed (on Super Bowl Sunday night, at that!) I am quietly checking up on my blog friends.

    The dream thing is kinda funny, I can relate. I remember every summer having these stressful dreams about not being able to open my locker. Low and behold, by the time school started, I had memorized my combination threw dreams but, boy, did they ever make me crazy in my sleep! Weird!

    ReplyDelete