Monday, February 21, 2011

Wonders of the Weekend!

So the weekend was fabulous and not quite long enough!!!  Today was supposed to be a holiday for our school system however due to the amount of snow days we've received, we had to make it up today!  So no fun!  Thankfully it was a pretty laid back and relatively easy day at work!  As a side note- I've started wearing a pedometer to see how much I walk around school and at the end of the day I had over 11,000 steps and was at 5.4 miles!  That's just in and around the school AND two of the kids that I normally work with were not at school today so only imagine if I had two more kids to run after???  The PE teachers have a contest and whoever walks the most at the end of the week the others have to buy that one lunch...however they told me I wasn't allowed to join their competition because I already had like double their steps/miles! 

This weekend was quite great!  We went to dinner on Friday night at this lovely renovated plantation house and it was magnificent!  We had a wonderful meal of Root beer braised pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, bourbon corn pudding, and this apple sauce that had red pepper in it which was an explosion to my taste-buds!  It was this wonderfully sweet, warm cinnamon apple sauce and then after it was in your mouth you tasted the red pepper and it was this explosion of flavor!  Magnificent! 


My Saturday started off bright and early!  I got to spend time with my best friend who was in town to get some things accomplished for her wedding and I feel it was a very productive day!!!  We almost finished her wedding invitations which are lovely!  We have a bit more to finish but it shouldn't take much longer!  While we were finishing the invitations we realized that we did not have enough paper so we had to make an impromptu trip to the closest Michaels for some more supplies!  While out and about we decided to do a bit of shopping and we ventured into Anthropologie (it was my first time)!!!  I cannot believe that I've never been to this store before!!!  It was great and I found so many things that I would love to have but I'm really trying to be good and not shop....as much...and considering Anthropologie prices are not exactly up my alley I didn't purchase anything...Maybe next time I shall find something on sale!!!  We also went into Belk and I got some new shoes, which I did get majorly on sale because they only had one size left and it just so happened to fit me!!!  After our shopping escapades we then picked out flowers for the wedding and then back to my best friends parents house to finish the invitations and I tried to make boutonniere's and corsage's (practice rounds for the big day)!  Some pictures are posted below of my first attempt....I have to say I am pretty proud!!!



We were also able to get yummy coffee, take a few pictures on the dock, visit with her family, and talk talk talk!  It was really great!!! I am looking forward to the day when she will be close by so that we don't have to wait for months at a time to visit with one another!!!  On her next visit we will completely finish the invitations, I will address them in calligraphy and then we can focus on other wedding related things!!! 

1 comment: