Sunday, January 23, 2011

Procrastination

According to Wikipedia Procrastination refers to the act of replacing high-priority actions or tasks with low-priority actions, and thus putting off important tasks to a later time. Psychologists often cite such behavior as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing any task or decision.

I would say that I have to wholeheartedly agree with that statement and it is exactly what I am doing now!  I need to be doing my paperwork that is due tomorrow for work and what am I doing?  I am browsing the internet, creating a scavenger hunt and skits for the youth lock-in next weekend, looking at wedding stuff for my best friends wedding, blogging, crocheting a hat...nothing related to work mind you!  Granted those are all important things in their own time however now is not the time that I need to be doing them!  I do have off tomorrow since I will be getting my Lasik surgery so I can do some of this tomorrow without interruptions however I really need to get part of it done today! 

So far my day has been very unproductive!  I was going to go to church and was really looking forward to it however things didn't happen like they were supposed to...starting last night!  I was going to pick up my prescription eye drops from Walmart that I have to start today for my Lasik surgery and so we arrived to Walmart to get the drops and of course the pharmacy closes at 7:00pm and I arrive at 7:05!!!!!!! I asked 3 people if they could let me in to get my drops so that I could start them this morning and no one could!  According to Federal Law that is illegal!  I had to really practice my deescalation techniques (that I use on kids at work) such as deep breathing and counting to ten so that I wouldn't throw a conniption fit!  I was so close to my drops and had no way of getting them!  So frustrating!  So that meant that I had to come back to Walmart the next morning and consequently I missed church! The hubby is also pretty sick so I spent some of the morning tending to him!  I think he's got a pretty severe migraine!  I did make the most of my extra trip back to town and got some excellent coffee!

I am starting to plan my best friends bridal shower and bachelorette gathering and I am getting super excited!  The shower will be at my house and one of her other bridesmaids is helping me plan!  It's going to be fabulous!  AND I'm even more excited about the bachelorette stuff!  I think all the girls are going to go to the Melting Pot and if you've never been there then you are missing out and then we are coming back to my house for a sleepover!  I'm kicking the hubby and pup out for that night!  (They don't know it yet)  But it is just going to be so much fun and I can't wait to start making invitations and planning other details!  Needless to say I love wedding related stuff and I'm super excited to be her maid of honor so that I can plan all this stuff!!!  Woo Hoo!!!! 
A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.  ~Lois Wyse

No comments:

Post a Comment